Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Fighter jets...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Fighter jets...

    Anybody else see the three fighter planes that went over today?

    They flew over at about 1:30 here in Nickelsville, flying very low and very fast.

    As soon as I heard them I looked up and had about a second to catch a glimpse of them, then they were gone..

    Hopefully they were just training....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    They fly by the house quite often it seems like. A couple of Apache's I believe it was came by day before yesterday low to the mountains.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    I hadn't saw any in awhile, and I have never saw them flying so low to the ground.

    You live in Slant or just from there?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    They did it quite often when I was growing up in Flatwoods, I guess they still do I'm just never there during the day.

    They train in this area close to the ground because the terrain is similar to what they will be flying in overseas.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    Yeah I live there.

    I have been seeing some type of prop army plane flying around here lately. It was so low one day coming down the river I was trying to get the car in front me to speed up. I thought it was coming down. I know a guy who lives up above Hill Station that said that guy was so low he could see him inside because Mack's place is right on top of the hill.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    Wow, that's crazy. I can remember a few years back Air Force One flew over this area. I didn't see it, but apparantly everybody but me did.

    If you guys like airplanes and such, you should go up to Thunder Over Louisville for the airshow. It's an all day even that kicks off the Derby celebrations. They don't hold back either, they bring about every type of plane you can think of. Makes me really happy that I'm not on the other side facing those bad boys. Some of them would make the whole city shaky seemingly.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    Growing up I would see them flying over the Clinch River. Where's the nearest spot they could be flying from?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_goldmember's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2007
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    Earlier today I saw two P-51 Mustang's chasing after what looked like the German Luftwaffe, but I could be wrong.
    "Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies." -Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    No you're right, they had a live feed of it on CNN earlier.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fighter jets...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goldmember</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Earlier today I saw two P-51 Mustang's chasing after what looked like the German Luftwaffe, but I could be wrong. </div></div>

    What's going on there?
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •